« Home 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 

And Then

And Then
Just when I thought I was done
I learned I was not
Years more of walking and waking
Working towards love
Loving towards home
Awaiting an embrace
That can not come
I have these struggles
They fuel the heart, I know I know
And just when I thought
They would be no more
Subside into substance and sustainance and freedom
I learn they are the embrace
They are the beauty
Melancholy and whistful and ugly as my most foul version of me

There is discomfort
Itching with anxiety
Eyes tracking left to right to left
Or is it right to left to right
Let's let go, yeah?
Let's let go and live this
This beauty, hideous and filthy
Is all mine
I will shout it out
Naked and raw
Terrain just awaiting navigation
I embrace love, trite and ignorant and sappy and all
And I am proud of
Did you hear?
I said proud of
Even that ugliest and most foul version of me

Well written girl! Well done indeed. Glad you stopped by my blog and posted. I haven't been posting much either, but checking in. I understand what you mean about being free from it all. It's interesting how their seems to be a parting of the ways between the two places too which has made it not so "sparky" anymore. Miss you though.

Post a Comment
Yes Indeedy: And Then