« Home | Bastards » | You Are Not Good Enough » | And Then » 

Monday, October 03, 2005 

Republic

I shall invoke the soul
I shall create longing and ache
Where before there was only striving
I shall broadcast this unknown
This art
We've the right to our fears
A proper introduction
Yes, "Soul, meet me. Me, meet soul"
Let us know those fears
This collective heart

Or else, if you prefer
And I must admit, I do
I will speak a language of self
Of love
And Plato, in his grave
Will take note
Ahh, there is the obvious choice
He will moan
As his own addictions, long left unfulfilled
Fade into warmth

My world, I long to love you
Let me allow it
Cease this lure of immediacy
Gratification
And allow me, please
To finally understand health
To acknowledge wealth
I have met my soul
I know what is best

World, let me love you
My care will be unstoppable
And art may invoke my soul
But that ache will open my eyes wide
Fill my gut with satisfaction
And allow questions
Where before there was nothing

Yes Indeedy: Republic