« Home | Republic » | Bastards » | You Are Not Good Enough » | And Then » 

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 

Chemical Self

Here we go again
My body flushed and flushing
Toxins and life all spilling out of me at once
I do believe my brain has gone awry
I do believe I'd like to
Finally figure out the why
And turn myself off
Or on
Whichever the case may be
Whichever the necessity

Synapse gaps disturb tranquility
And I know
I'm in for a long haul
Leaning over this edge again
Imagining the fall
Ah but lest we forget
I've got those extra lives
And I've gotten quite good
At landing on my feet

This suite
A cacophony of chemicals
Zipping and zinging out their melody
I believe in harmony
Though dissonance always makes things more
Dirty
Fun
I feel flirty and young
I find myself wondering
If perhaps the sum is not of import
If this zip and that zing
Create not just scream
But sing
And I've been off
Or on
All this time

Yes Indeedy: Chemical Self