« Home | Time Flies » | journey » | soulmate » | Intrepid » | I Am Not Him » | Man or Mouse » | The Square » | Misplaced Feeling » | Pleasure » | This Is My Request » 

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 

altering direction

These decisions alter direction
Propelling me forward
Into the arms of my fear
Into the arms of self-protection

I long to be held
Even as I offer my own embrace
Arms strong and kind
I turn away

Fear motivates all
As does protection
Mitigating and numbing
Knowing anger hurts

Yet now I survive
Thrive on this truth
Nurturing this smoulder until ignition
With faith I will remain unsinged

Jess, your writing is amazing. You have such a talent for words.

Your writing inspires me to spontaneously write a poem that neatly encapsulates my many weird feeling this fine morning.

I bought a dog
The dog has flees
I hate him like I hate life

I know a girl
The girl has cooties
She made me itch

What the fuck is going on here?
Who the hell am I supposed to be?
Christ, I need directions
This can't go on

MORE POETRY! MORE AND HARDER POETRY! NOW! Or soon.

Yes.

Post a Comment
Yes Indeedy: altering direction