« Home | Hate You » | Density in Landing » | Chemical Self » | Republic » | Bastards » | You Are Not Good Enough » | And Then » 

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 

The North Star

Every moment
Feels like the moment
That should be the moment
I change, I move
Yet every moment
Is followed by moments
Not unlike the one before
I feel lost
Without compass
Looking to the stars
Seeking out North
With vague recollections
Of a story of Wise Men
But otherwise
Unprepared
With vague recollections
Of the knowledge of catholic
And a family of obligation

Yom Kippur meets Christmas Eve meets Ramadan
Meets touching, lustful
Disgusting and brazen
With a stranger in a bar
I wish this moment
Would be the moment
I lose my rigidity
I would dive into a body
And swim out my rage
Every pull bringing truth
I wish this moment
Would be the moment
I lose my rigidity
I would scream out the the names
Of those who have wounded me
Save my pennies
And buy that compass
It's time I knew North
Without looking to the stars

Jess, I like this poem, truly.

If only I had this talent.

"You say it's a drought
I say put a bucket in the rain"

jess......I LOVE this line (from another of your amazing poems, but I thought I should reply here)! That line makes me want to start writing again. I don't know why I've stopped...you're inspiring me.

It's good to see you, I've missed you!

XOXOXO

Post a Comment
Yes Indeedy: The North Star